100 Answers To Common English Questions








100 Answers To Common English Questions


Sometimes, even when you know a lot of English, you can have difficulty finding the right words or phrases to answer simple questions. Here are 20 of the most common questions in English – each one with five sample responses.

General Questions

1. WHAT DO YOU DO?

This question means “What is your job/profession?”



  • I’m a student.
  • I work in a bank.
  • I’m unemployed at the moment.
  • I run my own business.
    The word “run” means you are the primary person responsible for operating the business.
  • I’m retired now. I used to be an engineer.
    “Retired” means you have stopped working (usually after you are 60 or 65 years old).

2. ARE YOU MARRIED?



  • Yes, I’ve been married for two years now.
  • I’m divorced.
  • I’m engaged – we’re getting married next year.
  • No, but I’m in a relationship.
  • Nope, I’m single.
    “Nope” is an informal way to say “No.”

3. WHY ARE YOU STUDYING ENGLISH?



  • For work.
  • So I can communicate when I travel.
  • I love learning new languages.
  • Because I’d like to immigrate to the U.S.
  • I’m thinking of studying in England.
    The correct way is “thinking of studying” and not “thinking to study.”

4. WHERE/HOW DID YOU LEARN ENGLISH



  • I took classes for three years.
  • I did an intensive course.
  • I’ve been studying on my own.
    You can also say “studying by myself.”
  • I picked it up from movies and songs.
    In this context, “picked it up” means “learned it casually.”
  • My girlfriend taught me.

5. WHAT DO YOU DO IN YOUR FREE TIME?



  • I don’t have any free time!
  • I usually hang out with friends.
    “Hang out” means to spend time in an informal way.
  • I go running a lot.
  • I do volunteer work.
  • I like reading and relaxing at home.



  • 0 Comments